Terms & Conditions
All prices quoted on www.giftstation.co.nz are in New Zealand dollars
- The merchants available at Gift Station are subject to change. We make no guarantee that the merchants will remain the same or that a particular merchant will be available at all times. See the complete list of current merchants at www.giftstation.co.nz
- Your use of any gift card purchased from Gift Station is subject to the limitations and terms and conditions of the merchant whose gift card you have purchased. Gift Station is not responsible for any restrictions or terms and conditions of any merchant's gift card.
- Gift Station is not responsible for merchants that are no longer in business or that change their location(s). Any merchant locations listed at this site are listed as a guide only and epay Gift Station does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
- Gift Station does not assume responsibility or liability for the actions, product, or content of any merchant.
- Gift Station does not send physical product to international addresses.
- All prices quoted on www.giftstation.co.nz are in New Zealand dollars
- All orders are sent via courier to a physical New Zealand address only, no PO Box's permitted.
- All orders are subject to a verification process, and any information submitted that does not verify with a customer's financial institutions may cause delays.
- Gift Station is not responsible for orders that are not received due to the customer inputting incorrect or incomplete delivery information.
- Gift Station gift cards will not be exchanged and are not subject to returns for credit or refunds.
- All orders over $500 are sent out unactivated. To activate your order, once received email [email protected] with a copy of your ID to get this order activated. For more clarification on why personal ID is needed please visit https://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/Files/proof-of-identification-info-sheet/$file/proof-of-identification-info-sheet-English-Dec-2017-a.pdf
Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
Gift Station will not replace a gift card that is lost or stolen after being received.
If an order has not arrived at the customer's delivery location within 13 days of the date it is sent, Gift Station may cancel and replace such order, provided the holder submits to Gift Station a properly completed Affidavit of Lost Card within 60 days of the date it is sent. Upon receipt of such affidavit and provided a balance remains on the gift card(s) from such order, Gift Station will initiate a review process. The gift card may or may not be replaced, depending upon the outcome of such review. Gift Station will not replace any lost or stolen gift cards if the Affidavit of Lost Card is not received within the 60-day period. To initiate the investigation, you should use our Contact Us page on thios website.
Validity and Expiration
- All gift cards have a period of validity. The expiration date of the value on a gift card is calculated from the date of purchase or last recharge. Any balance that remains on the card after expiry will not be available for use. The expiration term varies by merchant and is set out in the Card Conditions' section for each merchant's gift card on this site.
- Most gift card balances can be checked online at www.giftstation.co.nz
Terms posted online on 25 November 2020. Effective 25 November 2020
Prezzy Card is issued by Oxygen Global NZ Limited . By purchasing or using the card, you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”), and the card fees (“Fees”) set out at www.prezzycard.co.nz (“Website”). Our customer services numbers are: 0800 450 509 (NZ) or if you are overseas call us on +64 4 803 1640
1. Expiry: All Prezzy Cards are issued with at least 24 months remaining before they expire. The expiry month and year is printed on the front of your card and specifies the last month that your card may be used before the card expires. Any remaining value on the card is forfeited when the card expires.
2. Registration: There are 2 primary reasons to register your card:
(i) If your card is lost or stolen, you can be issued with a new replacement card, with the remaining value less replacement fees. If you have not registered your card, you will not be able to receive a replacement card.
(ii) Unauthorized transactions can be disputed.
You can register your card at www.prezzycard.co.nz
3. Fees: Fees are deducted from the unused value of the card and will apply for using the customer service line, currency conversion, unsuccessful transaction disputes and card replacement. In addition, some fees will be charged for purchasing a Prezzy Card. See more details on fees at www.prezzycard.co.nz/fees
4. Stored value: The card is prepaid and cannot be reloaded. You are pre-paying for the right to purchase goods and services, from selected merchants who accept scheme card transactions electronically.
5. Updates to terms/fees: Any changes to terms or fees are entirely at epay NZ discretion. Changes will be advised to any registered cardholders and on the Website. A minimum of 14 days notice will be given for any changes, before they are applied and they will never be made retrospectively.
6. Limits on card use: The card cannot be used in manual card imprinters or ATMs, or for taxis, automated fuel dispensers, gambling activities, or in any situation where a merchant requires identity verification against the card details. The card is also not able to be used in any situation where a merchant may require direct debits, recurring payments, or payment installment on the card.
7. No interest: There is no interest payable on the card load value.
8. How the card can be used: The card may be used by the purchaser, or anyone they gift the card to, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. Sign your card: The card must be signed by the person intended to use the card as soon as they have received it. The card cannot be used before it has been signed.
10. Exceeding the value on the card: You must not authorize transactions on your card that would result in more being spent on the card, than the balance that is currently available. This includes any situation where you could reasonably expect that charges could exceed the available balance, including common examples such as hotels, motels and car rental agencies, where the card details are held for any potential additional expenses that would be later charged to the card where applicable. To assist you with this, you should ask the check the available value on the card regularly and check with the merchant what they can charge on the card, prior to authorizing the transaction.
11. Foreign currency transactions: Any transactions that are charged in foreign currency will be converted into New Zealand dollars at a rate determined by the card scheme on the date that the card scheme sends the purchase details to us, and deducted from the card value. In addition, currency conversion Fees will apply.
12. Your responsibility for transactions on your card: You are responsible for the use security of the card. It should only be given to an intended recipient for use. You should not give the card or card details to anyone other than the intended user. You must keep the card safe and not leave it anywhere unattended where it could be removed without being noticed.
13. Lost or stolen card: If you discover that your card has been lost or stolen, you must notify us immediately using the customer service number. This includes situations where your card details may have been disclosed to an unauthorized party. Note that if you have not registered your card, we will not be able to stop, cancel, or replace the stolen card, as there is no way to identify you as the owner.
14. If your card has been registered and is lost/stolen: If your stolen or lost card was already registered, once you notify us, it will be stopped as soon as possible and a replacement card can be issued, retaining any unused value, minus card replacement fees. If you have followed these Terms, you will not be charged for unauthorized transactions that occurred after your card was lost / stolen.
15. Disputing transactions on your card: To dispute a transaction, you must notify us within 60 days of the date that the disputed transaction occurred. If you do not advise us within that timeframe, we are unable to have the transaction reversed, even if unauthorized. You cannot dispute a transaction where you have changed your mind on a product purchase, or made a mistake when purchasing a product or service that you have authorized. Instructions for disputing a transaction are available at https://www.prezzycard.co.nz/disputing-transaction/ . If you feel that your dispute has not been addressed to your satisfaction we support external dispute management. Please contact [email protected] outlining your dispute.
Suspension: Your card can be suspended without notice, if in our standard monitoring of transactions, we have reason to suspect that the card has been stolen or compromised, or being used fraudulently or for other criminal activity, or that you are not the rightful holder of the card, are in breach of the Terms, or there is a competing claim on the card. Any suspension can be lifted quickly, once the issue concerned has been resolved to our satisfaction.
17. Cancellation for fraud etc: Your card can be cancelled without notice, if required to comply with a court order, or if in our standard monitoring of transactions, we have reason to suspect that the card has been stolen or compromised, or being used fraudulently or for other criminal activity, or that you are not the rightful holder of the card, are in breach of the Terms, or there is a competing claim on the card. If the card has been registered and you are able to demonstrate that the card is rightfully yours and being used appropriately in line with our Terms, a replacement card can be sent, carrying over any unused value, without charging any card replacement fees.
18. Mass cancellation: In addition, your card can be cancelled as part of a general withdrawal from the market, or a general upgrade of our technology platform. In the rare event that this were to happen, a notice would be placed on the prezzycard.co.nz website, and a notice will be posted in a national newspaper at least 180 days in advance of any mass cancellation event. In the event that it is due to a technology upgrade, and your card is registered with us prior to cancellation, we will provide you a replacement card at no cost.
19. Recording phone conversations and use of the Website: For training, security and legal reasons, we may record phone conversations, or correspondence you may have with us on any matter, including calls through the customer service line, or any direct correspondence, as well as any contact that occurs through the Website.
20. Your rights as a consumer: You have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act, the Fair Trading Act and the Privacy Act. You can find out more about your rights at: https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/consumer-guarantees-act, https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/fair-trading-act, and https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/privacy-law.
These rights are not impacted by paragraph 21 below.
21. Limits on our liability to you: Except for your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act, the Fair Trading Act and the Privacy Law, our liability to you in connection with your card will be limited to the unused balance that remains on your card. We will not be liable to you in connection with your card for any consequential loss, or any loss of profits, loss of opportunity, or loss of reputation. For this purpose, loss is “consequential” if it relates to the particular purposes for which you are relying on the card, i.e. if other customers using or relying on the card for a different purpose would not necessarily suffer the same type of loss.
22. Restrictions on dealings with the card: You cannot on-sell your card. If you have received your card as a gift, you are bound by these Terms and your use of the card indicates your acceptance of these Terms. As the user of the card you cannot assign any of your rights or obligations under these Terms. If you have stolen the card, or purchased it from unauthorized distributors, you are not entitled to the benefits of the card or these Terms and we have no responsibility to you.
23. Our right to assign: We can assign any of our rights or obligations under these Terms, to any other party, subject to that other party assuming our obligations under these Terms. Any change of assignment to another party will be notified on the Website.
24. Invalidity: If any of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, this does not affect the validity of the rest of these Terms. If there are found to be any issues with any of the Terms, we can make changes to them on the Website. Any changes would take place 14 days after posting to the Website.
25. Conflict with laws: These Terms will affect your legal rights only to the extent permitted by law. Where the law says you have legal rights that cannot be modified or overridden by the terms of a contract, these Terms will be read subject to those legal rights.
Terms posted online on 24 April 2013.
Valentine’s Day with Gift Station February 2022 Terms & Conditions ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Period This promotion is open to any person to enter as many times they like. The promotion period is from 1st of February- 14th February 2022 Entries for the “Valentine’s Day with Gift Station” close at midday on the 14th February 2022 Prize Draw The prize draw will take place on 14 February 2022 by random comment generator across both Instagram and Facebook. To be eligible to win, persons must have liked Gift Station on Facebook or followed Gift Station on Instagram, liked the post and tagged a friend in at least one of the giveaway posts. Winner has one month to claim their prize by reply Facebook/Instagram message or email to epay NZ Ltd with their name and delivery details to a New Zealand postal address. No PO Boxes allowed. If prize is not claimed within one-month prize becomes null and a new winner will be drawn from valid entries. The Prize The winning entries must be following Gift Station on Instagram or Facebook, have liked the post and tagged a friend in at least one of the giveaway posts. One winner will win 1x $250 EVENT Cinemas Card & a $250 Prezzy Card. Cards will be sent out blank and activated once the winner has confirmed they have received them. How to Enter Follow Gift Station on Instagram or like Gift Station on Facebook, tag a friend in the comments. By doing this you will automatically be entered into the prize draw. Every comment will be deemed as another entry and any persons are able to enter the prize draws as many times as they like. General Information epay’s decision is final in all matters and no correspondence will be entered in to. The prize is not redeemable for cash. Stores/brands listed (including Kiwi Bank, as the issuer of Prezzy Card) are not liable for any prizes that go missing in the post, and stores/brands listed may amend the terms or terminate the promotion at any time." Standard epay Giftstation purchasing terms and conditions apply. See these at www.giftstation.co.nz