Terms & Conditions
All prices quoted on www.giftstation.co.nz are in New Zealand dollars
- The merchants available at Gift Station are subject to change. We make no guarantee that the merchants will remain the same or that a particular merchant will be available at all times. See the complete list of current merchants at www.giftstation.co.nz
- Your use of any gift card purchased from Gift Station is subject to the limitations and terms and conditions of the merchant whose gift card you have purchased. Gift Station is not responsible for any restrictions or terms and conditions of any merchant's gift card.
- Gift Station is not responsible for merchants that are no longer in business or that change their location(s). Any merchant locations listed at this site are listed as a guide only and epay Gift Station does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
- Gift Station does not assume responsibility or liability for the actions, product, or content of any merchant.
- Gift Station does not send physical product to international addresses.
- All prices quoted on www.giftstation.co.nz are in New Zealand dollars
- All orders are sent via courier to a physical New Zealand address only, no PO Box's permitted.
- All orders are subject to a verification process, and any information submitted that does not verify with a customer's financial institutions may cause delays.
- Gift Station is not responsible for orders that are not received due to the customer inputting incorrect or incomplete delivery information.
- Gift Station gift cards will not be exchanged and are not subject to returns for credit or refunds.
- All orders over $500 are sent out unactivated. To activate your order, once received email [email protected] with a copy of your ID to get this order activated. For more clarification on why personal ID is needed please visit https://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/Files/proof-of-identification-info-sheet/$file/proof-of-identification-info-sheet-English-Dec-2017-a.pdf
Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
Gift Station will not replace a gift card that is lost or stolen after being received.
If an order has not arrived at the customer's delivery location within 13 days of the date it is sent, Gift Station may cancel and replace such order, provided the holder submits to Gift Station a properly completed Affidavit of Lost Card within 60 days of the date it is sent. Upon receipt of such affidavit and provided a balance remains on the gift card(s) from such order, Gift Station will initiate a review process. The gift card may or may not be replaced, depending upon the outcome of such review. Gift Station will not replace any lost or stolen gift cards if the Affidavit of Lost Card is not received within the 60-day period. To initiate the investigation, you should use our Contact Us page on thios website.
Validity and Expiration
- All gift cards have a period of validity. The expiration date of the value on a gift card is calculated from the date of purchase or last recharge. Any balance that remains on the card after expiry will not be available for use. The expiration term varies by merchant and is set out in the Card Conditions' section for each merchant's gift card on this site.
- Most gift card balances can be checked online at www.giftstation.co.nz
Terms posted online and effective on 4 August 2023.
1. Prezzy Card: Prezzy Card is a physical or digital gift card, code or other physical, digital or virtual device that is (i) issued on a prepaid basis primarily for personal, family, or household purposes to customers in a specified amount, which cannot be reloaded, in exchange for payment, and (ii) redeemable upon presentation at select physical or virtual merchant locations, website or mobile application for goods or services.
2. Expiry: All Prezzy Cards are issued with at least twenty-four months remaining before they expire. The expiry month and year is printed or displayed on the front of your physical Prezzy Card or provided to you via email for digital Prezzy Cards, and specifies the last month that your Prezzy Card may be used before the Prezzy Card expires. Any remaining value on the Prezzy Card is forfeited when the Prezzy Card expires.
3. Registration: There are 2 primary reasons to register your Prezzy Card:
(i) If your Prezzy Card is lost or stolen, you can be issued with a new replacement Prezzy Card, with the remaining value less replacement fees. If you have not registered your Prezzy Card, you will not be able to receive a replacement Prezzy Card; and
(ii) Unauthorized transactions can be disputed.
You can register your Prezzy Card at http://www.prezzycard.co.nz
4.Fees: Fees are deducted from the unused value of the Prezzy Card and will apply for using the customer service line, currency conversion, unsuccessful transaction disputes and/or re-delivery attempts if Prezzy Cards cannot be delivered to the designated address and Prezzy Card replacement. In addition, certain Fees will be charged for purchasing a Prezzy Card. See more details on fees at www.prezzycard.co.nz/fees.
5. Stored value: The Prezzy Card is prepaid and cannot be reloaded. You are pre-paying for the right to purchase goods and services, from selected merchants who accept scheme card transactions electronically.
6. Updates to Terms or Fees: Any changes to these Terms or the Fees may be made entirely at epay’s discretion. Any registered Prezzy Card cardholder will be notified of changes on the Website. Changes will be effective following a minimum period of fourteen days after our posting of the changes on the Website, and changes will never be made retrospectively.
7. Limits on Prezzy Card use: The Prezzy Card cannot be used in manual card imprinters or ATMs, or for taxis, automated fuel dispensers, gambling activities, or in any situation where a merchant requires identity verification against the Prezzy Card details. The Prezzy Card is also not able to be used in any situation.
8. No interest: There is no interest payable on the Prezzy Card load value.
9. Non-Delivery: If we are unable to deliver the Prezzy Card to your designated address due to no fault of ours, we will attempt re-delivery a maximum of three times. We may request you provide proof of purchase and identity in order to attempt a re-delivery of a Prezzy Card at our discretion. If after the third attempt the delivery is unsuccessful, you will forfeit the unused value of the Prezzy Card.
10. How the Prezzy Card can be used: The Prezzy Card may be used by the purchaser, or anyone they gift the Prezzy Card to, in accordance with these Terms.
11. Exceeding the value on the Prezzy Card: You must not authorize transactions on your Prezzy Card that would result in more being spent on the Prezzy Card than the balance that is currently available. This includes any situation where you could reasonably expect that charges could exceed the available balance, including common examples such as hotels, motels and car rental agencies, where the Prezzy Card details are held for any potential additional expenses that would be later charged to the Prezzy Card where applicable. To assist you with this, you should check the available value on the Prezzy Card regularly and check with the merchant what they can charge on the Prezzy Card, prior to authorizing the transaction.
12. Foreign currency transactions: Any transactions that are charged in foreign currency will be converted into New Zealand dollars at a rate determined by the Prezzy Card scheme on the date that the Prezzy Card scheme sends the purchase details to us, and deducted from the Prezzy Card value. In addition, currency conversion Fees will apply.
13. Your responsibility for transactions on your Prezzy Card: You are responsible for the use security of the Prezzy Card. It should only be given to an intended recipient for use. You should not give the Prezzy Card or Prezzy Card details to anyone other than the intended user. You must keep the Prezzy Card safe and not leave it anywhere unattended where it could be removed without being noticed.
14. Lost or stolen Prezzy Card: If you discover that your Prezzy Card has been lost or stolen, you must notify us immediately using the customer service number. This includes situations where your Prezzy Card details may have been disclosed to an unauthorized party. Note that if you have not registered your Prezzy Card, we will not be able to stop, cancel, or replace the stolen Prezzy Card, as there is no way to identify you as the owner. If your stolen or lost Prezzy Card was already registered, once you notify us, it will be stopped as soon as possible and a replacement Prezzy Card can be issued, retaining any unused value, minus Prezzy Card replacement fees. If you have followed these Terms, you will not be charged for unauthorized transactions that occurred after your Prezzy Card was lost/stolen.
15. Incorrect email address/phone number: If you purchased a digital or virtual Prezzy Card and provided an incorrect email address or phone number, we are not liable to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable law for the delivery of the Prezzy Card to an incorrect email address or phone number and any use of the load value.
16. Disputing transactions on your Prezzy Card: To dispute a transaction, you must notify us within sixty days of the date that the disputed transaction occurred. If you do not advise us within that timeframe, we are unable to have the transaction reversed, even if unauthorized. You cannot dispute a transaction where you have changed your mind on a product purchase, or made a mistake when purchasing a product or service that you have authorized. Instructions for disputing a transaction are available at https://www.prezzycard.co.nz/disputing-transaction/. If you feel that your dispute has not been addressed to your satisfaction we support external dispute management. Please contact [email protected] outlining your dispute.
17. Suspension: Your Prezzy Card can be suspended without notice, if in our standard monitoring of transactions, we have reason to suspect that the Prezzy Card has been stolen or compromised, or being used fraudulently or for other criminal activity, or that you are not the rightful holder of the Prezzy Card, are in breach of the Terms, or there is a competing claim on the Prezzy Card. Any suspension can be lifted quickly, once the issue concerned has been resolved to our satisfaction.
18. Cancellation for fraud, criminal activity, etc.: Your Prezzy Card can be cancelled without notice, if required to comply with a court order, or if in our standard monitoring of transactions, we have reason to suspect that the Prezzy Card has been stolen or compromised, or being used fraudulently or for other criminal activity, or that you are not the rightful holder of the Prezzy Card, are in breach of the Terms, or there is a competing claim on the Prezzy Card. If the Prezzy Card has been registered and you are able to demonstrate that the Prezzy Card is rightfully yours and being used appropriately in line with our Terms, a replacement Prezzy Card can be sent, carrying over any unused value, without charging any Prezzy Card replacement fees.
19. Mass cancellation: In addition, your Prezzy Card can be cancelled as part of a general withdrawal from the market, or a general upgrade of our technology platform. In the rare event that this were to happen, a notice would be placed on the prezzycard.co.nz website, and a notice will be posted in a national newspaper at least one hundred eighty days in advance of any mass cancellation event. In the event that it is due to a technology upgrade, and your Prezzy Card is registered with us prior to cancellation, we will provide you a replacement Prezzy Card at no cost.
20. Recording phone conversations and use of the Website: For training, security and legal reasons, we may record phone conversations, or correspondence you may have with us on any matter, including calls through the customer service line, or any direct correspondence, as well as any contact that occurs through the Website.
21. Your rights as a consumer: You have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act, the Fair Trading Act and the Privacy Act. You can find out more about your rights at: https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/consumer-guarantees-
act, https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/fair-trading-act, and https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/privacy-law.
22. Limits on our liability to you: Except for your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act, the Fair Trading Act and the Privacy Law, our liability to you in connection with your Prezzy Card will be limited to the unused balance that remains on your Prezzy Card. We will not be liable to you in connection with your Prezzy Card for any consequential loss, or any loss of profits, loss of opportunity, or loss of reputation. For this purpose, loss is “consequential” if it relates to the particular purposes for which you are relying on the Prezzy Card, i.e. if other customers using or relying on the Prezzy Card for a different purpose would not necessarily suffer the same type of loss.
23. Restrictions on dealings with the Prezzy Card: You cannot on-sell your Prezzy Card. If you have received your Prezzy Card as a gift, you are bound by these Terms and your use of the Prezzy Card indicates your acceptance of these Terms. As the user of the Prezzy Card you cannot assign any of your rights or obligations under these Terms. If you have stolen the Prezzy Card, or purchased it from unauthorized distributors, you are not entitled to the benefits of the Prezzy Card or these Terms and we have no responsibility to you.
24. Prezzy Card App: By downloading and using the Prezzy Card App, you hereby acknowledge and agree that you have read, understand and accept the Prezzy Card App terms and conditions, which can be found at www.prezzycard.co.nz, which govern your usage and our provision of the Prezzy Card App.
25. Intellectual property: the patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names, registered and unregistered designs, trade or business names, copyrights (including rights in software), database rights, mobile application design and functionality, design rights, rights in confidential information and any other intellectual property rights whatsoever, irrespective of whether such intellectual property rights have been registered or not in and to the Prezzy Card, the Prezzy Card Website and the Prezzy Card App shall at all times remain the sole property of epay. Nothing herein shall be construed to grant to you any rights and/or interest in and to the intellectual property rights of epay.
26. Our right to assign: We can assign any of our rights or obligations under these Terms, to any other party, subject to that other party assuming our obligations under these Terms. Any change of assignment to another party will be notified on the Website.
27. Invalidity: If any of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, this does not affect the validity of the rest of these Terms. If there are found to be any issues with any of the Terms, we can make changes to them on the Website. Any changes would take place fourteen days after posting to the Website.
28. Conflict with laws: These Terms will affect your legal rights only to the extent permitted by law. Where the law says you have legal rights that cannot be modified or overridden by the terms of a contract, these Terms will be read subject to those legal rights.